Thank you for your interest in the Pfizer-BioTech COVID-19 vaccine. If you are unable to book an appointment with us, please visit www.vaccine.gov to find the nearest location that is offering COVID-19 vaccinations. The COVID-19 vaccine clinic located in the Heart Hospital lobby
Vaccination appointments for first and second doses are limited to people who are 12 years of age and older. Please visit the TN.gov website to determine eligibility. Anyone 12 to 15 years old must have a legal guardian present.
We are now offering an additional dose for immunocompromised individuals who may not have adequate protection from the initial two-dose series. If anyone is unsure whether they qualify, they should contact their provider. If they do qualify, we ask that they please make an appointment at the clinic. We are also providing booster doses for the following set of individuals:
- Individuals 65 years of age and older
- Individuals 18-64 years of age and have an underlying health condition
- Individuals 18-64 who are at a greater risk of contracting severe COVID due to occupational or institutional exposure
You must hit the "Complete Registration" button on the last page to complete your scheduling.
Before You Arrive
- Bring proof of age to verify eligibility (driver’s license, birth certificate or other documentation to confirm date of birth). If you do not meet the criteria of the Tennessee Department of Health (age 12 and older) you will not be able to receive vaccination, and your appointment will be cancelled.
- The vaccine will only be given to the individual registered for the appointment and cannot be given to someone else.
- Bring your completed consent form (en espanol) if you can print it. If not, paper consent forms will be available. A completed consent form is required for vaccination.
- Wear clothing that allows for easy access to the upper arm.
- Plan to stay for monitoring for 15 minutes after the injection is administered.
- Only the patient receiving the vaccine and one support person will be allowed entry into the medical center.
- All patients and visitors must wear a facial covering or mask while on UT Medical Center property.
- Please do not pre-medicate prior to your appointment with fever-reducing medications, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol), ibuprofen (Motrin/Advil), naproxen (Aleve) or aspirin. If you normally take these medicines as part of your daily regimen, you may take them as usual.
- The second dose of the vaccine will be scheduled 3 weeks later, on the same day of the week and at the same time of day as your original appointment.
- Click here for additional information about the vaccine clinic.
- Click here (en español) for Pfizer vaccine information.
- Directions and additional parking information may be found here. You may also download the UTMC Way App for Turn-by-Turn navigation and wayfinding. When leaving, please show your vaccination card to the parking attendant to exit without payment. Valet parking will be available for a fee.